Did you know?
Your classroom population is likely to include career changers looking to improve their skills or learn new skills to find better employment opportunities. Career changers have work experience, understand the realities of the workplace and relevant skills. While many college students have the luxury of time, this population wants to focus and move ahead with their plans a.s.a.p. The CACareerCafe now offers some Specials with resources to address the needs and wants of this student population. While career changers will find many cafe lessons to suit them, Polish Your People Skills will benefit both new and experienced job seekers.
- Pose some questions about the most important workplace skills.
- Explore the Café’s Home Page and the resources offered.
- Click on Career Changers and choose Polish Your People Skills.
- View video and the hyperlinks to additional information.
- Distribute the Student Activity, review directions and complete.
- Review the Cafe Folder and have students circle lessons to try.
Backpack to Briefcase is a new California Community College booklet filled with collaborative soft skill activities. Go to free resources to download a lesson or two to try!