Did you know?
Your students can’t get a job without experience and they can’t get experience without a job. At the CA Career Café students can find ways around this catch-22. In Get Experience, students will explore the different means they can use to gain workplace skills. Whether they want an internship, apprenticeship, volunteer experience or choose to connect to a professional association, students learn how to gather experiences that will give them a competitive advantage when they start handing out their resumes. This quick and easy lesson will show your students the way to CACareerCafe.
- Ask questions about students’ workplace experiences.
- Show the CACareerCafe home page and click on Get Experience.
- Review Get Experience lesson list and choose Land an Internship.
- View video and links on that page.
- Distribute Student Activity, review directions and complete.
- Share students’ best internship ideas and review the Cafe Folder page.
It is important to view and discuss “real” internship opportunities with your students. Go to Indeed.Com and type in the word “internship” as well as the name of your city. Review the possibilities.