Did you know?
Studies show that college students who have career direction are more likely to stay in school and complete their course of study. Yet, in these turbulent times it is difficult for many of our students to define their career goals and figure out how to reach them. That is why the California Community Colleges opened CACareerCafe.Com. The Café is loaded with educational and career information, resources, videos and activities. Here students can assess their skills and talents, explore pathways to success, figure out the career experiences right for them and take the steps to find a job. Give your students a taste of what the Cafe has to offer with this activity.
- Pose some questions about your students’ future.
- Explore the Café’s Home Page and the options provided.
- Go to Get Started and then to Identify Your Strengths and Talents lesson.
- View video on the page and show the hyperlinks to the assessments.
- Distribute the Student Activity, review directions and complete.
- Review the Cafe Folder page and have students circle lessons to try.
For additional quick and easy classroom activities with videos and downloadable exercises, try the lessons in the Student Success Library.