Join a Professional Association
Did you know?
Joining a Professional Association while still on campus can help students learn about their prospective career paths and offer a wealth of experiential and networking opportunities. Professional organizations exist for almost every profession from artists to zoo keepers. These non-profit organizations host meetings, conventions, and virtual workshops. Introduce your students to Professional Associations via the California Career Café where students can access a Professional Association database by pathway
- Ask your students about Professional Associations…
What is a Professional Association?
Can you name some Professional Associations?
Why join a Professional Association?
- Share your own Professional Association experiences.
- View video.
- Access this Professional Association database and identify associations related to your discipline.
- Distribute the Student Activity, review the directions, and complete.
- Discuss the possibilities and power of networking cards.
Add an Experience!
Have students try the Associations Lessons on CaCareerCafe.com. Encourage students to make a personal connection via phone, email or in person using their networking card as part of their introduction.